Freitag, 3. Oktober 2014

Pumpkin Spice Sirup

One of my favorite fall flavors is pumpkin spice. As soon as Starbucks is selling the Pumpkin Spice Latte again I am running into a Starbucks branch to buy my first PSL of the year! Delicious!


On the other hand the PSL from Starbucks is pretty expensive. That's why I wanted to try to make the sirup on my own and of course because I could drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte whenever I want :)

Today I am going to share the recipe I used with you.


Of course you need mashed pumping for making the sirup. There are two ways to get this. You can either buy a Butternut or Hokkaido pumpkin, cut it up into small pieces and cook it with a bit water round about for 10 minutes till it is soft boiled. Afterwards you use a blender to create the mashed pumpkin. Or you use this:


Usually, I buy this pumpkin purée at the Kadewe in Berlin. I read as well that you can get it sometimes at Karstadt or of course online. I saw it as well on amazon. If you want to bake something else which includes pumpkin this is a pretty good solution, I think.

Okay, now you've got your pumpkin done so next you need the following ingredients for the sirup:

300ml water
300g sugar
100g pumpkin purée
1 teaspoon lebkuchen spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
1/4 teaspoon nutmegg
1/2 vanilla bean

Put water and sugar in a pot, stir it and make sure not to cook just warm it up till the sugar is melted.
After the sugar is completely melted add the mashed pumpkin and all the spices, stir everything together and let it warm up for round about 10 minutes, no cooking. Stir it from time to time.
Hand a sieve into a large glass bowl and line the sieve with a cheesecloth.
Carefully pour the hot sirup through the cheesecloth and squeeze it at the end so that only the solids remain in the cloth. 
Let the sirup cool down and afterwards fill it in closeable bottles. Store in the fridge.


Enjoy the sirup either in a latte macchiato or just in a hot milk and eat apple or plum crumble with it - super delicious! I promise! :)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen